Bobbers, New website...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bobbers, New website...

Post  CrashAdams on Sat 24 Jan 2009, 1:22 pm

For fans of the Bobber style....check out our new site: BOBBER
avatar
CrashAdams

Posts : 37
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 99
Location : Riverside, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  Fred on Sun 25 Jan 2009, 5:43 am

CrashAdams wrote:For fans of the Bobber style....check out our new site: BOBBER
For me there are more customs than bobbers.
Bobbers should be original lightened bikes with no frame modifications.

...I know, "I'm more royalist than the king" Very Happy
avatar
Fred

Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-11-16
Location : Paris, France

View user profile http://www.indianfrance.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  CrashAdams on Mon 26 Jan 2009, 2:02 pm

Okay Fred, how about New Bobbers...Just like our replicas, these "customs" pay homage to the old school bobbers. study
avatar
CrashAdams

Posts : 37
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 99
Location : Riverside, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  Fred on Mon 26 Jan 2009, 2:27 pm

CrashAdams wrote:Okay Fred, how about New Bobbers...Just like our replicas, these "customs" pay homage to the old school bobbers. study


For sure Smile
I don't know how it's going in USA but here in France every thing is called a bobber.
Any motorcyle with "sparadrap" (medical tape ?) around the exhaust pipes and a flamming or scallops paint job is now called a bobber. Do anything with a drag bar should be called a dragster ?
For *me* a bobber is the poor man's (street) racer.... if it's an old (rigid unmodified frame) american bike... if there is too much work involved I call it a custom or a chopper (it depends of what has been modified).
I just hope to be not too much ridiculous. Embarassed

btw I certainly will take some ideas from your (Kiwi) modern bobbers Wink
ahhh ! it's hard to be an integrist (my pseudo on french forums is "Ayatollah Indiani" Very Happy )
avatar
Fred

Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-11-16
Location : Paris, France

View user profile http://www.indianfrance.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  CrashAdams on Mon 26 Jan 2009, 8:21 pm

since I am of, uh, a certain age...a bobber to me was a stock bike with the front fender cut and installed on the rear (no front fender) with a old Ford tail light and a lot of mis-matched parts (what ever was lying around not being used)....if it doesn't help it go faster or stop better, we didn't need it (other than lights, had to be somewhat legal). Now, my psuedo-road racer, while looked real nice, was built with mostly cast off parts...too pretty to be a bobber (plus it was a KZ900), and other than the headlight, tailight and tachometer, there was nothing else on her that didn't help her go and whoa.... affraid
avatar
CrashAdams

Posts : 37
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 99
Location : Riverside, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  Fred on Tue 27 Jan 2009, 1:52 am

CrashAdams wrote:since I am of, uh, a certain age...a bobber to me was a stock bike with the front fender cut and installed on the rear (no front fender) with a old Ford tail light and a lot of mis-matched parts (what ever was lying around not being used)....if it doesn't help it go faster or stop better, we didn't need it (other than lights, had to be somewhat legal).

Hey ! that's about what I said Smile

btw, other than the frame I had to cut and fit a rigid end was built like that, in 1987 in France there was no Indian parts and Internet was not here, I had to make the bike run and didn't care if the parts came from HD (XL extended front fork), japanese (Honda Cub seat)or cars (Renault alternator, Citroen regulator)... but it was a chopper because the altered frame.

CrashAdams wrote:Now, my psuedo-road racer, while looked real nice, was built with mostly cast off parts...too pretty to be a bobber (plus it was a KZ900), and other than the headlight, tailight and tachometer, there was nothing else on her that didn't help her go and whoa.... affraid

In fact we're ok together Laughing
avatar
Fred

Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-11-16
Location : Paris, France

View user profile http://www.indianfrance.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bobbers, New website...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum